Top 10 Training Programs for HR Professionals
Did you know?:
Verrill Dana provides many resources designed to keep HR professionals and business administrators up-to-date on the laws and regulations affecting their work and their company.
Seminars, Webinars and Client Alerts
Our Labor & Employment and Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation attorneys distribute e-alerts and host complimentary seminars and webinars. Recent topics have included:
- Employment Litigation Session 1: What to Do When You Get Sued
- The (F)riday (M)onday (L)eave (A)ct vs. Legitimate FMLA Leave
- How Healthy is Your Wellness Program? Current Litigation and Legal Compliance
- Whistleblowing and Retaliation: Legitimate Concerns or Marginal Performers Looking for Leverage?
- Compliance for Employers of Any Size: What You Need To Know
Our blogs provide updates on trending legal issues affecting your employees and your workplace.
- Benefits Law Update: Timely commentary on developments in employee benefits plans and executive compensation agreements.
*Named a Top 10 Blog in Compensation and Benefits by HR Daily Advisor.
- Taking Care of HR Business: A thoughtful (and often entertaining) resource for those interested in labor and employment law issues.
Our attorneys conduct on-site and/or virtual educational and training programs for executives, managers and supervisors. We cover diverse topics, which can be tailored to meet your needs.
Program topics for our clients have included:
- Anti-Harassment/Anti-Bullying Training
- How to Conduct Workplace Investigations
- How to Make Good Hiring Decisions and Avoid Costly Mistakes
- Common Mistakes Made by Supervisors and How to Avoid Them
- Managing Difficult Employees
- Reducing the Risk of Unlawful Terminations
- How to Win an Unemployment Hearing
- The ADA, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation: What Managers Need to Know
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Employee Evaluations, Performance Counseling and Other Forms of Documentation
- Union Avoidance