Ben helps his clients reach their full potential. Whether helping out in his parents' flower shop in California or building retail stores in New York, Ben knows firsthand that the best product in the world means nothing unless you have the right people to make it and sell it. In any competitive market, a company's success depends on its ability to build multidisciplinary teams. Companies that fall back on outdated assumptions risk being surpassed by those that recognize the potential of a diverse workforce.
When it comes to providing legal services, Ben puts these principles into practice. Whether it's a Norwegian company looking for a foothold in the U.S. or an entrepreneur working in her basement to perfect seaweed harvesting techniques, the client benefits from Ben's well-rounded approach to problem-solving.
Mindful of his pre-law experiences, Ben took to his legal studies with a unique sense of perspective. With the help of his professors at Vanderbilt University Law School, Ben crafted a course of study designed to explore specific business challenges from a legal perspective. The result of this intensive study was a series of articles discussing novel approaches to business problems that combined proven business principles with highly sophisticated legal tactics. Many of those articles have been published in leading trade publications and form the basis of Ben's practice.
Whether addressing a jury or a group of concerned business owners, Ben loves speaking about the law. He is as comfortable in a courtroom as he is in a boardroom. His passion for good ideas pervades every case he argues, and every article he writes.
When not at work, Ben can be found on the water racing sailboats or cruising around in his vintage 1959 Lyman Sleeper. Yes, he restored it himself (ask him to show you a picture).
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D.)
- University of New Hampshire (B.A., summa cum laude)
- Member, Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project's Pro Bono Panel
- Board Member, Maine Marine Trade Association
- Board of Advisors, University of New England North
- Shipping and Logistics Working Group, Arctic Economic Counsel
- Selected by peers for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers© under Transportation/Maritime, Employment Litigation: Defense and Business Litigation
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine