As part of Brett's dynamic approach to each case, he applies his legal research and writing skills, together with his ingenuity, to identify and advocate the strongest positions for clients.
Brett's practice areas include insurance coverage, product liability, complex commercial litigation, premises liability, and personal injury. He was involved in the successful defense of a products liability case in federal court in the District of Massachusetts that resulted in a defense verdict, and in the successful defense to an appeal to the Maine Supreme Judicial Court in a professional malpractice action, which resulted in an affirmation of an entry of summary judgment in favor of the defendant.
Brett and his wife, Julie, have two children and live in Portland, Maine. Brett enjoys running, reading, and skiing, and is an avid baseball fan.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D.)
- Middlebury College (B.A., cum laude)
- Board Member, Cleaves Law Library
- Maine State Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- Maine Supreme Judicial Court, Hon. Jon D. Levy
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine