Brody applies his passion for pragmatic problem-solving and experience working in government at the state and federal levels to assist clients with complex regulatory compliance issues and help them achieve their legislative policy goals.
Brody received his J.D. from the University of Maine School of Law. While in law school, Brody gained experience interning in numerous offices across state government, including the Office of the Maine Attorney General and the Office of Governor Janet T. Mills. During his last year of law school, Brody clerked in the Office of General Counsel at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and with a large Maine firm where he focused on energy policy and compliance issues.
Brody has been and remains very active in Maine Democratic politics and spent time prior to law school working in Congresswoman Chellie Pingree’s Portland, Maine and Washington, DC offices. Additionally, Brody has advised and worked on campaigns at the local, state, and national levels, including campaigns for the Legislature, Congress, governor, and president. Brody currently serves as a member of the Juvenile Justice Advisory Group (JJAG), which advises the Governor and the Legislature on juvenile justice policy issues. He was appointed to that role by Governor Janet T. Mills.
When not working, Brody enjoys traveling, hiking with his dog, Finley, visiting one of Portland’s many restaurants, and staying politically engaged.
In addition to Brody's main services and industries, he also focuses on the following unique area:
- Municipal Law
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D.)
- Articles Editor, Ocean and Coastal Law Journal
- Vice President, Student Bar Association
- Student Attorney and Roger A. Putnam Fellow, Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic
- University of Maine (B.A., magna cum laude)
- Political Science
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Governor Appointed Member, Juvenile Justice Advisory Group (2023-present)
- Board Member, PROPEL Portland (2023-present)
- Board Member, University of Maine Alumni Chapter of Southern Maine (2020-present)
- Mentor, Portland High School Mentoring Program (2019-2021)
- President, statewide political organization (2016-2019)
- Washington, D.C.
- Maine State Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association