Calvin is a seasoned advocate and counselor whose practice includes complex commercial and employment litigation; and government investigations and compliance. Calvin has a meticulous approach to handling his clients' matters that focuses heavily on their business or personal objectives to determine the most effective course of action during the pre-litigation and litigation stages.
Calvin is passionate about his clients, getting to know their businesses from the back office to the C-suite. When matters cannot be resolved, Calvin brings to bear over two decades of trial and litigation experience before numerous state and federal courts, arbitrations, and administrative agencies.
Calvin's commercial litigation practice includes the representation of publicly traded companies, middle market and closely held businesses, financial services firms, and individuals in complex business and civil disputes. His representative matters include the prosecution and defense of a wide range of actions including contract disputes, business torts, unfair trade practices, trade secrets, breaches of fiduciary duty, environmental claims, and fraudulent conveyances. Calvin has significant experience litigating disputes focused on defending and protecting clients on claims of trade secret misappropriation in numerous areas, including the financial services, health services, waste management, and publishing industries. Calvin's employment practice includes representing businesses on claims of discrimination and wrongful discharge, and violations of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
Calvin also represents institutional and individual clients in responding to and defending against federal, state, and administrative governmental investigations and prosecutions. His representative matters include financial crimes and fraud (including banking, health care, mail, wire, investor, securities, antitrust, insurance, tax, bankruptcy, and credit card), criminal diversion, public corruption, and environmental crimes. Calvin's practice includes representing health care providers and practitioners in criminal and administrative licensing proceedings. Prior to entering private practice, Calvin served as an assistant district attorney for the Office of the District Attorney, Bronx County, in the Economic Crimes Bureau of its Investigations Division.
When not practicing law, Calvin appreciates all of his time with his family, which includes his wife and daughter, and is an avid sports fan.
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D.)
- University of Rochester (B.A., cum laude)
- Board of Directors, Lawyers Collaborative for Diversity
- Board of Directors, Connecticut Bar Foundation
Policing Task Force, Connecticut Bar Association
- New York
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- Advisory Board, Connecticut Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Korean American Lawyers Association of Greater New York
- Partners and Government Enforcement and Compliance Committees, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named as a 2013 "New Leader in the Law" by the Connecticut Law Tribune
- Recognized as a "High Achiever" in the Connecticut Law Tribune's 2009 feature titled "Minorities and the Law"
- Recognized in the Lawyers of Color's Inaugural "Hot List" in 2013
- Recipient of the 2012 National Asian Pacific American Bar Association "Best Lawyers Under 40" Award
- James W. Cooper Fellow for the Connecticut Bar Foundation
- Selected by peers for inclusion in Connecticut Super Lawyers® for Business Litigation, Criminal Defense: White Collar, and General Litigation (2010-2013, 2015-2020)
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York