Are you involved in a transaction, whether it be buying or selling a company, entering into a joint venture, raising money, or entering into a financing arrangement? Debbie is a skilled transactional attorney with many years of experience with mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, joint ventures, financing, and, with respect to health care, regulatory issues associated with transactions.
Debbie is an integral part of the multidisciplinary teams helping companies and health care providers meet their business objectives.
Debbie has experience in both national and international transactions, including, for example:
- Handling the sale of a New York manufacturer of natural wax products to a Canadian company
- Providing U.S. advice on the sale of Irish and UK companies, which were both involved in the electrical power distribution business, to a U.S. private equity firm
- Advising on the stock sale of a manufacturer of bank vaults and a distributor of ATM machines to a newly created employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Representing a Swiss private equity group in the acquisition and/or sale of a Missouri-based manufacturer of trailers used in the trucking industry, a pneumatics tool company located in California, a southern California motor oil distribution company, and a Tennessee manufacturer of metal racks and parts
Debbie's recent finance transactions have included representing Canadian and Monaco clients in connection with their financing arrangements with UBS to acquire portfolio investments; handling senior financing on behalf of several national clients; and managing senior and mezzanine financing for private equity groups in connection with their purchase transactions.
In the health care field, Debbie has been involved in a variety of transactions such as the acquisition of multiple physician practice groups and urgent care centers on behalf of a regional hospital; assisting a hospital with the structure and negotiation of a clinical integration and joint venture to form and develop a primary care institute; representing a hospital in connection with an alliance with six other hospitals and affiliated physician-hospital organizations (PHOs) to create a value-based health care network for the purpose of eventual clinical integration; and structuring and negotiating the terms of a joint venture by a hospital with an industry leader owning ambulatory surgical centers.
Debbie is married and has two children who recently graduated with engineering degrees. She enjoys outdoor activities, including swimming, skiing, hiking, biking, and walking her very active golden retriever.
- Health Care & Life Sciences
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Commercial Finance & Lending
- Private Equity, Investment & Institutional Advisors
- Health Care
- Government Enforcement & Compliance
- Strategic Counseling & Transactions
- Food & Beverage
- Manufacturing Food & Beverage
- Retail Food & Beverage
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- Old Dominion University (B.S.)
- New York
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Hospital Association
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business under Corporate/M&A
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.