John has tried many eminent domain cases, and briefed and argued numerous appeals, arising out of major public works projects in eastern and central Massachusetts, including:
- Boston’s Big Dig
- Sagamore Rotary Flyover Project
- Route 44 limited access highway project in southeastern Massachusetts
- Route 146 and Route 146/Route 90 interchange project in central Massachusetts
- Route 3 North road widening and interchange improvement project in north central Massachusetts.
John has also tried and handled appeals of eminent domain cases arising out of various:
- Bridge repair and replacement projects
- Courthouse-related construction projects
- Watershed protection, conservation, park and open space preservation projects and
- Road widening and infrastructure improvement projects.
Examples of reported appellate decisions John has briefed and argued include:
- Sorenti Bros., Inc. v. Com., 468 Mass. 189 (2014)
- 249 A Street Coop. Corp. v. Mass. Highway Dept., 80 Mass. App. Ct.. 1111 (2011)
- Boston Water & Sewer Commission v. Com., 64 Mass. App. Ct. 611 (2005)
Frontage Development Corp. v. Com., 57 Mass. App. Ct. 1106, further app. rev. den. 439 Mass. 1103 (2003)