Notable Experience: Business Transactions
Jamey has many years of experience representing public and private-sector clients in complex transactions, such as:
- Buyers and sellers, as well as CEOs and other management individually, in a wide variety of purchase and sale transactions (including mergers, acquisitions and related restructurings) of private companies and divisions of private and public companies.
- Manufacturing companies in financing facilities to obtain working capital.
- International biotechnology clients, as outside general counsel, for their legal representation in various transactions. These include financings, mergers, licensing and sublicensing issues and general business and contract issues.
- Specialized medical device company, as outside general counsel, in a merger with an international public company, resolving many obstacles and resulting in a significant gain to the stockholders of the client. Jamey continues to represent the company after a management buy-back of the company from the acquirer.
- Public companies, including his current representation of private business clients in revolving credit and term loan facilities.
- Biotechnology clients in a wide range of cutting-edge transactions, including:
- Initial public offering of over $14 million of common stock; second public offering of $39.2 million of common stock; and third public offering of $142.8 million of common stock, which then represented the largest single offering of biotechnology stock.
- Merger and acquisition activities, including the public registration of over $50 million of common stock and $5 million of warrants.
- Private placement of $36.75 million of limited partnership interests in an R&D transaction and the licensing of the underlying technology.
- $46 million stock and warrants off-balance sheet research and development subsidiary (SWORDS) transaction and registration of callable common stock and warrants.
- Publishing companies in a variety of transactions, ranging from financing facilities to all aspects of various acquisitions.
In the firm’s representation of a state commissioner of insurance (as receiver), Jamey advised and represented the client on corporate issues involved in the sale of companies. He helped with negotiations with an international syndicate of creditors, managing relationships with investment bankers, dealings with the federal bankruptcy court and trustee and advising on other general corporate, bankruptcy and securities matters. Jamey also participated in the reorganization of several insurance company affiliates, including the sale of a major subsidiary and other general corporate and securities matters.
In addition, Jamey spearheaded the sale of certain of the insurance company’s affiliates and assets as part of the firm’s representation of a foreign superintendent of insurance (as liquidator) in the liquidation of a multinational insurance company. He also advised the client on other, related general corporate, liquidation and securities matters.