Notable Acquisitions and Dispositions Experience
- Represented a commercial real estate investment management company in a joint venture and the permanent financing for the acquisition of The Xchange at Bedford, a 479,000 square foot eight-building R&D and life science campus in Bedford, Massachusetts.
- Represented a commercial real estate investment management company in a joint venture and the permanent financing for the acquisition of the Stony Brook Office Park in Waltham, Massachusetts, consisting of 270,000 square feet in four interconnected buildings.
- Represented the seller in the creation of a commercial condominium in an existing building in Boston and the sale of a major condominium interest in the building to a developer for the conversion to multifamily use.
- Represented a joint venture partner in the sale of an office building in the Crown Colony Office Park in Quincy, Massachusetts.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in the sale of its downtown Boston headquarters building. The transaction involved the conversion of an office building containing over 800,000 square feet to a commercial condominium, and the sale and short-term leaseback of a major condominium interest in the building.
Notable Financing Experience
- Represented the agent bank in a $142.5 million senior secured syndicated term loan for the acquisition of a 51-building industrial/flex portfolio containing 2.9 million square feet across multiple Chicago submarkets in Illinois and Indiana.
- Represented the agent bank in a loan on loan transaction, consisting of a $47.8 million syndicated loan made by a bank group to a privately held portfolio lender secured by the pledge of a first mortgage loan on five multifamily properties in San Francisco, California.
- Represented a bank in a $46.2 million loan secured by an office and industrial property containing 209,000 square feet on a long-term ground lease located within the Raymond L. Flynn Marine Park in Boston’s Seaport District.
- Represented an economic development and finance agency in a site remediation loan to facilitate the redevelopment of a Brownfields site for a mixed use project containing 50 apartment units and ground floor retail on a long-term ground lease in the Dudley Square section of Boston.
- Represented a bank in $14.6 million loan to refinance existing debt and to fund capital and tenant improvements at a medical office building in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Represented a bank in a $14 million construction loan for the development of three buildings containing 62,000 square feet of retail and restaurant uses in Hanover, Massachusetts.
- Represented a bank in a $2.3 million tax-exempt bond financing for the purchase, renovation and equipping of a building for a community music school and preschool in Newton, Massachusetts.
- Represented a commercial real estate investment management company in multiple mezzanine loans involving: a hotel in Santa Monica, California; office towers in Stamford, Connecticut and Cleveland Ohio; and multifamily properties in Silver Spring, Maryland; Brooklyn, New York; and Woodbridge, Virginia.
- Represented a commercial real estate investment firm in a preferred equity investment and construction financing for an 86-unit luxury apartment project in Malden, Massachusetts.
- Represented banks in mortgage warehouse loan facilities to borrowers who are Fannie Mae DUS, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae licensed mortgage lenders.
Notable Leasing Experience
- Represented a law firm in an office lease in its relocation from Cambridge to the Financial District in Boston.
- Represented a commercial real estate investment firm in its new office lease in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Represented a telecommunications company in a 200,000 square foot downtown Boston office lease and numerous other tenants in retail, industrial and office leases.