Jeff is a nationally recognized "go to" lawyer for all types of health care organizations facing significant strategic, legal, and business challenges. His clients include nonprofit teaching and community hospitals and health systems, managed care organizations, and both community-based and investor-owned providers of ancillary health care services. Jeff advises clients on strategic alliances and regulatory challenges, working with them to identify and develop strategies that enhance their competitive positions and maximize revenues from private and governmental sources while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Clients value Jeff's exceptional service and personal attention.
Jeff devotes most of his spare time to activities with his wife, Myra. They particularly enjoy sharing summer activities with family and friends at their home in Chilmark, including beach outings, cookouts, kayaking, and walks on Vineyard's beautiful beaches and trails.
- Harvard Law School (J.D.)
- Brown University (A.B., cum laude)
- High Honors in Philosophy
- Two-time Trustee and Chair or Member, various committees of the Massachusetts Chapter of the HFMA (1974-present)
- Visiting Scholar, BU School of Law, teaching advanced seminar on health care transactions (academic years 2011-2015) and Guest Lecturer (2016)
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Health Law Forum of the American Bar Association
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business under Healthcare
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© under Health Care Law (since its inception)
- Selected by peers for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers© for Health Care (2004-2018)
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit