Kelly assists small and large businesses in establishing and protecting their brands in the U.S. and in other countries. She advises clients on trademark portfolio management, prosecution, clearance, and enforcement.
Prior to joining Verrill, Kelly worked for several years in the Boston office of Locke Lord, where she established a solid foundation in trademark law. Kelly also worked in the legal department at Under Armour, where she gained a practical, in-house perspective on the trademark and intellectual property issues that are most important to brand owners, marketing professionals, and corporate counsel.
Kelly has traveled to China to attend classes analyzing current Chinese, European, and U.S. intellectual property issues at the Tsinghua University School of Law.
A native of Winterport, Kelly now lives in Saco, where she enjoys spending time at the beach and exploring new restaurants. During the summer months, she can often be found at her family's cabin on Lake Moxie in The Forks.
- University of New Hampshire School of Law (J.D.)
- Senior Editor, University of New Hampshire Law Review
- Bryant University (B.A.)
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member, INTA Internet Committee and Legal Resources and Communications Subcommittee
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch under Intellectual Property Law, Patent Law
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.