Mark represents clients in all aspects of professional liability litigation including defending physicians and hospitals in cases involving emergency services, anesthesia injuries, birth injuries, surgical injuries, orthopedic injuries, and drug overdose.
His practice is focused on medical malpractice defense, professional licensure and credentialing, products liability, and catastrophic personal injury claims. Mark also has extensive experience representing clients in drug and medical device litigation, nursing home litigation, products liability, and complex torts. Mark manages complex multi-party cases with dedication and tenacity that ensures consistently positive results for clients. He has been trial counsel at mandatory malpractice pre-litigation screening panel hearings, and in cases in both the state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Verrill, Mark practiced as in-house trial counsel for Hanover Insurance Company in Boston, Massachusetts, and Portland, Maine. Mark has also served as an Assistant District Attorney in Maine, where he prosecuted criminal cases in the District and Superior Courts.
Mark lives in Portland, Maine, and enjoys hiking, skiing, and kayaking.
- New England School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Stony Brook University (B.A.)
- Maine Homeless Legal Project
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Massachusetts State Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine