Mary has practiced law in the area of trusts and estates continuously since 1987. Her practice includes estate planning, trust and estate administration, and charitable giving.
Mary assists clients with wealth transfer strategies to minimize estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes. She also counsels clients with regard to the management of family assets owned in common or in trust and assists with the administration of family foundations.
- University of Chicago (J.D.)
- Smith College (B.A., cum laude)
Mary has served as Director of several local arts and cultural organizations, including:
- Portland Public Library
- Portland Conservatory of Music
- Portland Stage Company
- The Stage at Spring Point
- Maine Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- Maine State Bar Association
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized in Chambers High Net Worth under Private Wealth Law
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© under Trusts and Estates
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.