Matt’s practice focuses on the areas of estate and gift planning, estate and trust administration, charitable planning, probate litigation and business succession planning. He assists individuals and families in planning and carrying out comprehensive gift strategies and estate plans to transfer and protect family wealth in a tax-efficient matter tailored to the client’s wishes. In addition, Matt works with closely-held and family businesses assisting families in corporate governance and succession planning.
Matt also guides clients through the process of estate administration, helping to navigate complex estate, trust, tax and probate matters. He is experienced in the preparation of estate and gift tax returns, as well as fiduciary income tax returns.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2008, Matt clerked with Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster for a year and worked as a Title Examiner for Connolly Title Services and as a clerk for the law firm of Gold, Albanese and Barletti while attending law school.
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M.)
- Taxation (Estate Planning Concentration)
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A.)
- Political Science and Computer Applications
- Member, Boston Estate Planning Council
- Member, City Professional Advisors
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer “Rising Star” 2019-2021
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© under Trusts and Estates 2021 and 2023 in Boston, Massachusetts
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.