Nate serves as a Chapter 7, 11, and 12 trustee for the District of Maine as well as counsel to trustees, federal receivers, creditors' committees, debtors, secured lenders, critical vendors, commercial landlords, asset purchasers, and defendants in many preference and fraudulent transfer actions.
Nate and the firm's Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Group are honored to have been selected to manage the complex asset sales and wind-downs of several businesses as bankruptcy counsel to trustees, debtors, receivers, secured lenders, and buyers.
Nate is a member of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, regularly authors articles for the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, and is actively involved with the Maine division of ABI's Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE) program, which provides financial literacy resources and classes to high school students.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude)
- The Evergreen State College (B.A.)
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Chair, Local Rules Committee for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maine
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- ABI Volo Project, Circuit Court Opinion First Responder: Author
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business under Corporate/M&A: Bankruptcy
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© under Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Selected by peers for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers© under Bankruptcy: Business
- American College of Bankruptcy Distinguished Law Student from the First Circuit
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal for Excellence in Bankruptcy Studies
- American Law Institute/American Bar Association Scholarship and Leadership Award
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts