Norm is a full-service business lawyer whose clients depend on him to guide them through the legal issues in the operations of their business from creation to sale and dissolution.
Norm guides clients from choice of entity and all the myriad legal questions which a business faces in its day-to-day operations and providing the documentation needed in each situation. Clients have come to rely on him to be by their side throughout their business life.
Norm’s clients range from small family-owned enterprises to large multi-million-dollar enterprises. A significant portion of his client base consists of professional entities especially physicians, dentists, and other health care providers. He helps guide his health care clients through the web of regulations governing the delivery of health care issues and has spoken extensively both locally and nationally on health law issues facing practitioners. In addition, Norm provides estate planning and probate services to his individual clients.
When not in the office, he enjoys spending time at his lakefront “camp” with his wife Betty, his three children, their spouses and six grandsons. He also enjoys making homebrew beer, though he is relegated to the basement by his wife. In addition to the above, Norm serves as President of the Biddeford City Council, is on the Finance Council for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland and is Vice-Chair of his local parish’s Finance Council. He also served on the committee which was responsible for the revision of the Maine Business Corporation Act and was the chair and primary revisor of the current Maine Professional Service Corporation Act.
- Harvard Law School (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Harvard University (B.A., cum laude)
- President of the Biddeford City Council
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (since 1995) under Business Organizations (inlcuding LLCs and Partnerships), Closely Held Companys and Family Business Law, Corporate Law, Health Care Law, and Tax Lax
- Lawyer of the Year (2011) Portland, ME - Health Care Law
- Lawyer of the Year (2017) Portland, ME - Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Selected by peers for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers© under Health Care, and Business Corporate (2008-2009, 2011-2018, 2020-present)
- AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.