Pat concentrates her practice in health care law and employment law.
In her health care practice, Pat has served as part-time, in-house counsel as well as outside counsel to major teaching hospitals in Connecticut. She has considerable experience representing health care providers in a wide array of corporate and regulatory matters. Pat has assisted health care clients in structuring joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, private placements, and reorganizations. Pat also regularly advises hospitals on regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse issues, Stark Law compliance, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, contract issues, medical staff matters, and general hospital law issues. She has appeared in Certificate of Need proceedings before the Office of Health Care Access and represented providers in audits before the Department of Social Services.
Pat also advises business clients on employment matters, including compliance with state and federal wage and hour and anti-discrimination laws; preparation and review of employee handbooks, employment contracts, and severance agreements; development of employee policies; and general employee relations issues.
Pat and her husband have two grown daughters and reside in Easton, Connecticut, with their bulldogs, Gracie and Trixie.
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., High Honors)
- University of Connecticut (B.S., magna cum laude)
- Past President, Connecticut Health Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Bar Association, Executive Board Health Law Section
- National Health Lawyers Association
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business under Healthcare
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© under Health Care Law, Litigation - Health Care (2017-2020)
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.