- Representation of senior services provider in connection with acquisition of real property for development of approximately 330,000 square feet for facilities for senior services and skilled nursing facility and shared use of facilities with community center including construction, long term lease to community center, HUD financing, secondary source financing and related development activities in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
- Represented the fourth largest health care system in Connecticut as its primary real estate counsel in the sale of substantially all its assets to the largest health care system in Connecticut.
- Represented closely-held corporate owner of real estate in transfer of real estate through stock purchase agreement and related tax, corporate and inter-family issues working closely with national accounting firm.
- Creatively solved title defect (and avoided more costly quiet title action) by finding heirs to developer who failed to transfer fee ownership of road in development and brought action in Probate Court to appoint trustee to transfer now deceased developer's interest to the owner of all property in the development.
- Lender's local counsel for Connecticut (non-tribal) real estate in refinancing of Connecticut Indian Tribe gaming and resort assets for financing facility in excess of $1 billion.
- Represented borrowers in portfolio refinancing of $55 million in mortgage debt and inventory financing arrangements.
- Represented manufacturer in environmental matters in the sale/leaseback of its facility in Norwalk, Connecticut and subsequent lease of over 15,000 square feet and later expansion of approximately an additional 8,000 square feet for their new manufacturing facility in Shelton, Connecticut.
- Representation of hedge fund in lease of approximately 40,000 square feet in an office building under construction in Greenwich, Connecticut together with construction work letters, construction dispute resolution and brokerage agreements.
- Representation of owner of significant retail properties acquiring strategic properties for expansion of business including construction financing.
- Representation of eight borrowers affiliated with closely-held corporation in $125 million portfolio financing with a national lender secured by eight properties located in four states and supported by existing interest rate swaps.
- Representation of European cosmetic company's lease of 12,129 square feet of office/warehouse space in Secaucus, New Jersey together with construction work letter.
- Representation of Swiss watch retailer in formulating and executing on exit strategy from leased retail premises on Madison Avenue, New York, New York.
Health Care/Higher Education
- Acquisition of radiography education program by one of our higher education clients which entailed negotiating and drafting the space license agreement for the leased premises utilized by the radiography program, use of radiography equipment and other related educational equipment, and affiliation agreement for students to have clinical experiences in the hospital and outpatient settings.
- Representation of retail tenant in negotiation of a construction manager agreement and all related contracts for construction and design services for Fifth Avenue flagship store build out in New York City including architect, structural engineer, MEP engineer, vertical transportation and lighting design.
- Representation of owner in connection with $6.8 million residential construction project including construction management agreement, architect's agreement and disputes with subcontractors.
- Representation of owner in negotiation of settlement of dispute with interior design professional responsible for design with budget of over $1.5 million for premises in premier building in Manhattan.
Private Clients & Fiduciary Services
- Work closely with individuals and families to understand the clients' priorities and goals and their intentions for the legacies they wish to provide, including drafting documents to implement these intentions and acting as trusted family advisors.
- Advise clients regarding estate, tax and financial planning and succession planning for closely held businesses.
- Represent donors and charitable organizations concerning charitable gift planning and the organization and operation of charitable entities.
- Assist fiduciaries in the personal and technical aspects of estate and trust administration including attention to post-mortem tax planning.
- Practice in the Probate Courts in conjunction with probating estates as well as advocating in will contests, trust disputes and other adversary proceedings involving estates and trusts.