With a dedication to excellence and a commitment to serving others, Spencer strives to efficiently produce the best work product possible without sacrificing quality.
As a Portland native, Spencer returns to Verrill, and Portland, with a unique knowledge of the community that raised him and a strong interest in serving that community. As a member of the firm's Real Estate Group, Spencer handles residential and commercial transactions for a variety of clients. Spencer's focus includes sales and acquisitions, boundary disputes, title issues, licences, easements, financing, permitting, zoning, and leasing.
Prior to joining Verrill, Spencer attended Northeastern University School of Law, where he served as a member of the Student Bar Association and the Black Law Students Association. Additionally, Spencer was a legal intern at the Massachusetts Land Court; the United States Attorney's Office, District of Maine; and the Conservation Law Foundation. In November of 2015, Spencer was elected to serve on the Portland City Council, District 2, continuing his commitment to public service.
When he is not working, Spencer can be found enjoying Portland's foodie city title, running the boulevard, or spending a day by the lake. Spencer is also a member of the Verrill Softball Team and enjoys playing pickup basketball.
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D.)
- Fairfield University (B.A., Pi Sigma Alpha)
- Member, Board of Directors, United Way of Greater Portland
- City Councilor, Chair of Sustainability and Transport Committee, Member of Economic Development Committee, Portland, Maine
- Member, Young Elected Officials Network
- Received Katahdin Counsel Recognition for pro bono efforts (2016 & 2019)
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch under Real Estate Law
- Selected by peers for inclusion in New England Rising Stars© under Real Estate (2020)
- Young Elected Officials Network Leadership Award