Navigating the New Overtime Rules … In the News
Now that a couple of months have passed since the Department of Labor announced the new federal overtime regulations, many employers are looking for guidance. Our Labor & Employment Group has been working tirelessly to ensure its clients and the community-at-large have resources for determining whether they will be affected and how to comply.
Our attorneys have spoken with journalists and drafted articles on the topic to provide insights to businesses throughout the region and across industry sectors. For your convenience, please find some of these articles below:
- How to Comply With Impending DOL Overtime Regulations – Construction Executive Managing Your Business
- Overtime Rules – Maine Public Broadcasting Network, Maine Calling
- Four Options for Meeting the Federal Overtime Rules – Retail Association of Maine
- New OT Rules Take Effect Dec. 1: Here's What You Need to Know – Mainebiz
- Final Overtime Regulations Less Drastic Than Feared – Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- Change in Overtime Law Leaves Maine Businesses Scrambling – Portland Press Herald
Contact a member of Verrill Dana's Labor & Employment Practice Group to discuss how your specific business with be impacted and what options you have for compliance.