From counseling to litigation, Thomas' extensive experience in the intellectual property realm provides his clients the insight required to ensure success on a full range of services related to their trademarks, copyrights, and related intellectual property matters.
Tom has comprehensive experience counseling clients on the selection, screening, prosecution, maintenance, and enforcement of trademarks both domestically and internationally. For more than 20 years, he has successfully registered hundreds of trademarks for clients in a wide variety of industries, and has successfully litigated numerous trademark disputes both in court and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Tom advises clients on copyright matters, as well, often in combination with trademarks to provide the most comprehensive brand protection strategy possible.
He also has extensive experience with intercompany agreements such as manufacturing, reseller, distribution, strategic alliance, e-commerce, non-competition, and other agreements.
Tom served in the U.S. Marine Corps and worked at Harvard University as an Information Technology Manager before deciding to become an attorney.
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D.)
- Skidmore College (B.A.)
- INTA Sub-Committee: INTA Bulletins – Law & Practice, North America (2018-2019)
- Co-Chair, Marketing & Communications Forum, MassBio (2015-2017)
- INTA Sub-Committee: The Trademark Reporter (2014-2017)
- Director, Bare Hill Rowing Association (2013-Present)
- Clerk, The Creeley Foundation (2012-Present)
- INTA Sub-Committee: Trademark Office Practices (2008-2013) (Project Team Leader, Trademark Office Benchmarking Portal)
- Corporate Trustee, Acton Memorial Library (2001-Present)
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District of Massachusetts