Phil's civil litigation practice focuses on aggressive and creative problem-solving in order to put his clients in the best possible position at alternative dispute resolution or trial.
He believes in the importance of setting forth a comprehensive strategy at the outset of litigation in order to intelligently steer a case to an attainable goal. He has experience managing, and trying, cases throughout New England, including on behalf of some of the region's largest ski areas. Phil's practice focuses on defense of product liability claims, including manufacturers of industrial machinery, farm and lawn products, elevators and other lift products as well as producers of consumer products. He also handles cases involving allegations of professional misconduct or negligence, premises liability, and other personal injury and commercial litigation.
Originally from Brattleboro, Vermont, Phil now resides in Falmouth, Maine with his wife, two young daughters and son. In his free time, Phil enjoys skiing, running, canoeing, reading history, playing and coaching baseball, and bike rides with his children.
Services / Industries
- Dickinson School of Law (J.D.)
- Associate Editor of The Dickinson Law Review
- Bowdoin College (B.A., cum laude)
- New Hampshire
- Tri-State Defense Lawyers Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Vermont State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- New Hampshire State Bar Association
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine