Life at Verrill
Verrill is at the sweet spot where small firm atmosphere blends with big firm resources. As one of New England's leading mid-sized law firms, Verrill offers a collegial environment that encourages collaboration and creativity to solve our clients' legal needs, from the most simple transaction to the most complex project. We're sized to be nimble, responsive and accessible. But there are really three reasons you should consider a career at Verrill: quality of work, quality of place and quality of life.
Quality of work
- We handle interesting, challenging work on behalf of clients from down the street and around the world.
- We have breadth and depth of practice and credentials that rival the country's largest firms.
- We foster a collaborative approach to achieve the best result at the greatest value.
- Meaningful work is done by attorneys early in their careers. Our associates are able to access opportunities for skill-building and professional development that aren't available in larger firms.
Quality of place
- We attract talented attorneys from a diverse array of well-respected law schools and law firms who enjoy the collegial culture and the accessibility for our clients.
- Many of our clients have been clients for many years, some even for generations. Many hire us across multiple areas of service and we value our long-term client relationships.
- We are passionate about our work and committed to our communities.
- We value initiative and involvement in career development.
- We offer industry-leading technology and superior support resources with IT, Accounting, HR, Library, and Marketing/Business Development teams.
Quality of life
- Verrill's largest offices are located in Boston, MA, Portland, ME and Westport, CT — vibrant areas with thriving business communities, active social and community networks and nationally recognized cultural scenes.
- Our culture is built on policies designed to encourage long-term retention and low turnover.
- We're proud that Verrill has been repeatedly recognized for our high percentage of female attorneys and partners. We also have a number of women in leadership positions — a testament to the success of our efforts to create an equal playing field for all our attorneys.