Jeff is a determined advocate and hard-nosed problem solver. He has cultivated extensive skills in several areas of civil litigation, including:
- Business and commercial litigation
- Product liability
- Insurance coverage
- Construction law, dispute resolution, and litigation
- Professional liability and medical malpractice
- General liability insurance defense
- Labor and employment litigation
- Trademark registration; trademark and copyright litigation
Jeff serves as counsel for a wide variety of clients in many different capacities across numerous industries. He represents clients ranging from large national companies to individuals. He has tried cases in state court, federal district court, and before federal administrative tribunals. Jeff has practical sensibilities and a keen mind for strategy, and always maintains thoughtful focus on his client's best interests, bottom line, and case resolution goals. In addition to his litigation expertise, Jeff also represents businesses and individuals in various non-litigation contexts, including contracts, general business advice, and other matters, and provides outside general counsel services for a number of businesses in Maine and beyond.
Jeff has held leadership positions in legal professional organizations on a statewide, regional, and national basis. In 2020, he was inducted as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. He has been selected by his colleagues as a Super Lawyer Rising Star every year since 2012. He constantly seeks to use innovative strategies, from technology to social psychology, to improve his own practice and the experience, lives, and work of his clients.
During his tenure at Boston University School of Law, Jeff Served as an Executive Editor for the Review of Banking and Financial Law, and worked at the Washington D.C. administrative headquarters of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) in the Office of General Counsel assisting the litigation group in preparing for hearings and depositions in FINRA member disputes.
Jeff was born and raised in Littleton, Colorado. He currently resides with his wife and two children in Scarborough, Maine, where cooking, travel, and staying active fill his non-lawyer time.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D.)
- Executive Editor, Review of Banking and Financial Law
- Johns Hopkins University (B.A., With Honors)
- Recipient, Johns Hopkins University Student Excellence Award for Leadership and Service
- Former Board Member, Board of Directors of Regional Transportation Program, Inc.
- Maine President, Tri-State Defense Lawyers Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Selected by peers for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers© as a Rising Star (2012-2022)
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
Court and Other Admissions
- United States District Court for the District of Maine
- United States Court of Appeals First Circuit
- United States Supreme Court