Anya truly enjoys working with individuals and families, and brings her wealth of experience to bear on each unique situation. Anya focuses her practice in all aspects of estate planning, probate administration and trust administration, and counsels clients on tax planning, charitable giving and sophisticated wealth transfer strategies. She is also skilled at planning for shared family real estate and business succession planning.
Before joining Verrill, Anya practiced in the area of trusts and estates in upstate New York. Prior to that, she clerked for two years at the New York State Court of Appeals in Albany. Anya also draws on her tax background, having worked as a corporate tax associate in the New York City office of a large international law firm after graduating from law school.
Anya resides in Portland with her husband, Brandon, her oldest son, twin boys, and daughter, as well as two large loving mutts and one very tolerant cat. Before having kids/zookeeping, Anya enjoyed oil painting, writing poetry, knitting, baking and running in her spare time.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A., magna cum laude)
- President, The Telling Room, Board of Directors (2021-present; Board member since 2017)
- New York
- Fellow, New England Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Trusts and Estates Section, New York State Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Estate Planning Council
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch under Trusts and Estates
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
- New York State Court of Appeals