As Managing Partner of the firm, K.C. brings a background representing businesses and a keen attention to detail to leading the firm.
K.C. has advised publicly held companies, family businesses, and nonprofit entities on matters of corporate governance and the efficient structuring of their operations. He has represented numerous businesses in raising venture capital and bank and other debt, including the representation of various parties in municipal and corporate bond transactions. K.C. has acted as securities counsel to a number of Maine publicly held corporations, for which he was involved in preparing periodic reports, registration statements, and proxy statements in accordance with SEC rules. K.C. has designed employee stock purchase, option, and incentive plans, has prepared related SEC filings, and has advised corporate executives and shareholders on their obligations under federal securities laws.
K.C. frequently has been engaged in complex mergers and acquisitions involving public and other companies. He has also been involved in tender offers, proxy contests, shareholder disputes, and other matters involving control of corporations.
K.C. is a former Chair of the Business Law Section of the Maine State Bar Association and was actively involved in revisions to Maine's current corporate and securities statutes. He is also a previous Chair of the International Practice Section of the Maine State Bar Association and has spoken frequently on issues involved in cross-border trade and investment in Maine and Canada.
K.C. is an avid cyclist and photographer.
- Georgetown University (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Editor, Law and Policy in International Business
- Yale University (B.A., cum laude)
- Honors in Economics
- Director, Senator George J. Mitchell Scholarship Research Institute (2013-present)
- Director, New England Legal Foundation (2012-2017)
- Director, Maine & Company (2009-present)
- Secretary, MaineHealth Board of Trustees (2005-2013)
- Director, United Way of Greater Portland (1998-2009; Chair, 2004-2006)
- Member, Governor's Advisory Council on International Trade (1995)
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Maine Justice Foundation
- Maine State Bar Association Business Law Section (Chair, 2003-2004) and International Practice Section (Chair, 1990-1994)
- American Bar Association, Business Law and International Law and Practice Sections
- Drafting Committee, Maine Model Business Corporation Act (2001-2002)
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2019 Portland, Maine Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2017 Portland, Maine Mergers and Acquisitions Law Lawyer of the Year
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2016 Portland, Maine Securities/Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2012 and 2020 Portland, Maine Securities Regulation Lawyer of the Year
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© under Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.