Dave represents lenders and borrowers in a broad range of asset-based and real estate-based loans, bond transactions, and other complex commercial loan facilities.
Dave has substantial experience in real estate acquisitions, commercial leases, and condominium developments. He is also General Counsel for the Maine Health and Higher Educational and Facilities Authority, an instrumentality of the state created with the purpose of providing eligible nonprofit colleges, universities, and licensed health care facilities with financing for qualified projects by issuing low-cost, tax-exempt bonds. When it comes to commercial lending, Dave's clients rely upon his experience and insight to get deals closed, even under the most complicated and thorny circumstances.
- Vermont Law School (J.D., magna cum laude)
- New Mexico State University (B.A., With Honors)
- Maine State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Named the Best Lawyers© 2023 Real Estate Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Portland, Maine
- AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business under Real Estate
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Real Estate Law in Portland, Maine
- Selected by peers for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers© under Real Estate, Government Financing and Banking
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine