Clients today recognize that intellectual property is a core asset. From software and biotech companies to high-tech manufacturers and start-ups to established Fortune 500 companies, many of our clients are building their businesses – and betting their futures – on innovative intellectual property.
Verrill’s Intellectual Property Group helps clients identify, protect, and enforce intellectual property rights throughout the world. Our growing team combines experienced attorneys and paralegals to provide a full range of legal services from prosecution, to licensing, and to litigation.
Throughout the life-cycle of your brand, invention, design, and global intellectual property portfolio, Verrill offers strategic, experienced, and effective representation by an integrated, client-focused team.
The Intellectual Property services our attorneys provide include:
- Trademark advice, screening and registration
- Patent advice, strategies, searching, drafting and prosecution
- Copyright advice and registration
- Patent, trademark, copyright, software, and technology transfers and licensing agreements
- Prosecution and defense of infringement actions and contested actions in State and Federal Courts and in the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Trade secret advice and litigation
- IP opinions, including freedom to operate, non-infringement, and invalidity opinions
- Drafting and negotiating technology and software development, software distribution agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, and click-through agreements
- Website development and hosting agreements
- Internet marketing and content license agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Intellectual property audits and due diligence reviews
- Opinion work
- Other matters related to the internet and electronic business, including disputes involving the ownership of websites and domain names