Clients today recognize that intellectual property is a core asset. From software and biotech companies to high-tech manufacturers and startups to established Fortune 500 companies, many of our clients are building their businesses—and betting their futures—on innovative intellectual property.
Verrill's Intellectual Property Group helps clients identify, protect, and enforce intellectual property rights throughout the world. Our growing team combines experienced attorneys and paralegals to provide a full range of legal services, from prosecution, to licensing to litigation.
Throughout the life cycle of your brand, invention, design, and global intellectual property portfolio, Verrill offers strategic, experienced, and effective representation by an integrated, client-focused team.
The intellectual property services our attorneys provide include:
- Trademark advice, screening, and registration
- Patent advice, strategies, searching, drafting, and prosecution
- Copyright advice and registration
- Patent, trademark, copyright, software, and technology transfers and licensing agreements
- Prosecution and defense of infringement actions and contested actions in state and federal courts and in the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Trade secret advice and litigation
- IP opinions, including freedom to operate, non-infringement, and invalidity opinions
- Drafting and negotiation of technology and software development, software distribution agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, and click-through agreements
- Website development and hosting agreements
- Internet marketing and content license agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Intellectual property audits and due diligence reviews
- Opinion work
- Other matters related to the internet and electronic business, including disputes involving the ownership of websites and domain names