Daniel Dwyer is a trial lawyer with 25 years of experience. He concentrates his practice in business and fiduciary litigation and confidently guides clients to resolutions in line with their goals.
Dan is currently litigation counsel for commercial lessees including a Massachusetts pharmaceutical company, a national engineering firm, and a private investment company. Other active suits involve closely-owned business, investment in the cannabis industry, and private family trusts.
Past engagements include:
- Trial verdict in defense of four corporate directors sued for $15 million in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Trial verdict for defendant commercial lessee in $2 million suit by major North Shore landlord attempting to enforce automatic extension provision
- $5 million trial verdict for plaintiff co-founder of Boston internet advertising firm in suit alleging freeze-out by former partners
- Decisions in favor of former managing directors of Lehman Brothers in four arbitrations filed by Lehman’s bankruptcy trustee to recover signing bonuses
- Successful settlement, on behalf of beneficiaries, of multi-million dollar probate dispute involving undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity
- Successful suit by Massachusetts private school to recover misappropriated tuition funds
- Successful settlement for general contractor of Boston’s Big Dig against its insurer for failure to defend cost-recovery action filed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Trial verdict for Iraq War veteran against Massachusetts Department of Social Services for deprivation of child-visitation rights
- Bench trial verdict for group of Scituate, Massachusetts homeowners in trespass case against a neighboring gun range
- Successful settlement for trust beneficiary in suit against national-bank trustee and investment advisory firm
Before attending law school, Dan served four years as a DEA special agent in New York City. He lives with his family in Hingham, was a six-year member of the town’s advisory committee, and sits on the board of directors of the South Boston Neighborhood House, where he spent countless happy hours as a boy.
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- Law Review
- Stonehill College (B.A., cum laude)
- Director, South Boston Neighborhood House
- Former Member, Town of Hingham Advisory Committee
- Former Director, Catholic Schools Foundation, Inc.
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Court and Other Admissions
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals