Dan Dwyer is a trial lawyer with 25 years of experience. He concentrates his practice in business disputes and confidently guides clients to resolutions that align with their business goals.
Currently, Dan is litigation counsel in a diverse slate of suits, one involving a loan facility, another regarding a commercial real estate lease, and a third seeking to recover tuition funds misappropriated from a Massachusetts private school. He is defense counsel for one of Boston’s largest minority-owned construction firms in an action filed by the U.S. Secretary of Labor alleging violation of OSHA’s anti-retaliation statute.
Past engagements include:
- Trial verdict in defense of four corporate directors sued for $15 million in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Bench trial judgment for commercial lessees in $2 million suit by large North Shore commercial landlord to enforce lease’s automatic extension provision
- $5 million trial verdict for plaintiff co-founder of Boston internet advertising firm in suit alleging freeze-out by former partners
- Decisions in favor of former managing directors of Lehman Brothers in four arbitrations filed by Lehman’s bankruptcy trustee to recover signing bonuses
- Successful settlement, prior to trial, for general contractor of Boston’s Big Dig against its insurer for failure to defend cost-recovery action filed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Trial verdict for Iraq War veteran against Massachusetts Department of Social Services for deprivation of child-visitation rights
- Bench trial verdict for group of Scituate, Massachusetts homeowners in trespass case against a neighboring gun range
- Successful settlement for trust beneficiary in suit against national-bank trustee and investment advisory firm
Before attending law school, Dan served for four years as a DEA special agent in New York City. He is an avid outdoorsman with a passion for kayaking among the Boston Harbor Islands, a long-time volunteer in Hingham town government, and an active father of three sons.
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- Law Review
- Stonehill College (B.A., cum laude)
- Six-year Member, Town of Hingham Advisory Committee
- Chairman, Hingham Whistleblower Committee
- Volunteer, Archdiocese of Boston Clergy Retirement Trust
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Court and Other Admissions
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals