Verrill's Construction Group is a dynamic, aggressive team committed to delivering timely, cost-effective results for owners, contractors, construction managers, sureties, subcontractors and design professionals in the design and construction industries. The group's construction practice is both regional and national in scope.
Our construction lawyers have experience in all phases of construction law including:
- trials, arbitration and mediation
- procurement strategy and project delivery
- bid protests
- contract negotiation and drafting
- labor relations, employment and project labor agreements
- risk assessment and management
- insurance and indemnity
- project management
- claims avoidance and management including differing site conditions, delay, disruption, acceleration and productivity claims
- construction defects related to design errors and omissions, construction means and methods, and product failures
- mechanic's liens and Miller Act claims
- surety bond claims
When claims and disputes cannot be resolved through negotiation, the group has an impressive track record of achieving victories for its clients in mediation, arbitration, and jury and non-jury trials in state and federal courts.
The group's construction lawyers are recognized as leaders in the field of construction law. Its members are regularly listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, among other legal industry honors. Group members are commonly asked to speak before construction industry professional and trade organizations on a variety of construction law-related topics and issues.
Representative clients include:
- Bowdoin College
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- The Jackson Laboratory
- Parsons Infrastructure & Technology Group, LLC
- Landry/French Construction
- Case Foundations
- Sargent Corporation
- Great Falls Construction
- Ouellet Construction
- Hardypond Construction
- KGI Properties, LLC
- Mechanical Services, Inc.
- City of Portsmouth, NH
- Summit Utilities
- MCRT Northeast Construction