Verrill's real estate lawyers are widely regarded as premier practitioners in the region. Clients turn to Verrill's Real Estate Group for its broad depth of substantive knowledge, extensive experience, and sterling reputation. In particular, many clients choose our real estate team for its sound business sense and practical approach to completing a transaction. Our real estate attorneys execute skillful due diligence and competitively negotiate agreements, all with the understanding that the ultimate goal for most clients is to minimize risk while successfully completing a business transaction.
Our approach is straightforward, simple, and client-focused. We start each transaction by carefully listening to the client to understand the underlying business objectives. We then balance the risk/reward aspects of various legal strategies and advise the client accordingly. Our measure of success is the efficient completion of a transaction in a manner that achieves our client's goals. Our record of client satisfaction has resulted in our continued listing in the top tier by Chambers and Partners.
Areas of Experience
- Acquisitions, sales and leasing
- Commercial, industrial, and residential development
- Commercial and residential condominiums (conversion of existing buildings and new developments)
- Real estate and municipal financing
- Property tax and corporate structuring
- Easements, title, access, and boundary issues
- Lender/borrower commercial lending, including construction financing
- Subdivisions, zoning, and land use
- Wind power, natural gas, and utilities
- Timberlands and forest products
- Hospitality and retail
- Health care
To efficiently and effectively reach our clients' goals, we take a team approach, working closely with colleagues in relevant practice areas for advice and counsel. Related areas of law include environmental, timberlands, energy, private clients, business, commercial lending, tax, construction, and hospitality.