Becky partners with clients in establishing, protecting, and enforcing their trademarks throughout the world.
Becky has extensive experience in managing and developing clients’ global trademark portfolios; negotiating and preparing coexistence and settlement agreements; conducting and reviewing trademark availability searches; and advising clients on the adoption, use, registration, and enforcement of their trademarks domestically and internationally. Becky also regularly represents clients in complex opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Becky is well versed in the intellectual property needs of all business types, from start-ups to large corporations. As a result, she is nimble at developing IP strategies for all types of businesses.
Before joining Verrill, Becky worked for several years at boutique intellectual property firms in Massachusetts and Washington, D.C., where she developed her strong practice in trademark law. In a former life, Becky worked in the publishing world as an editor.
Born and raised in South Florida, Becky made her way north to Scarborough, Maine, where she lives with her husband, toddler, and two old pups. When she’s not working, Becky enjoys running, lifting weights, cooking, and eating ice cream.
- University of New Hampshire School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Northwestern University (B.A.)
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member, Maine Bar Association
- Selected to Rising Stars, Intellectual Property – Super Lawyers New England, 2017–2019
- Overview of U.S. Trademark Law for Non-Trademark Practitioners – Maine State Bar Association Winter Bar Conference, January 29, 2021