General counsel and human resources professionals at corporations and non-profit organizations turn to Suzanne with their most challenging questions on benefits and compensation plans; they know Suzanne takes the time to understand each client’s particular benefits culture in order to provide best solutions within the framework of legal compliance.
Suzanne focuses on the operation of employee and executive post-employment benefits, such as retirement and deferred compensation plans, and the fiduciary governance of ERISA plans. For global and national business organizations, as well as tax-exempt educational, health care and other institutions in the New England region and beyond, Suzanne guides employers in legal compliance and best practices for the operation and oversight of these plans and their assets.
Building relationships of confidence and trust with each client by combining her knowledge and experience with personal contact and timely responses is one of Suzanne’s principal values. Her advice on designing, structuring and implementing benefit and compensation plans has helped support her clients as they have grown over the years from regional companies to national and international players.
Suzanne serves as Chair of the firm’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group, and previously worked in public interest and private practices in Washington, D.C.. Suzanne has experience in all aspects of ERISA and employee benefits law, including:
- qualified and nonqualified retirement plans
- health and welfare plans
- benefit plans in mergers and acquisitions
- fringe benefits
- equity, incentive and other executive compensation arrangements
Suzanne serves as one of the editors of the firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group's blog, Benefits Law Update.
- Yale Law School (J.D.)
- Duke University (A.B., summa cum laude)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington D.C.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business under Labor & Employment: Employee
Benefits and Compensation
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2013 Portland, Maine Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law Lawyer of the Year
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© under Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Selected by peers for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers© under Employee Benefits
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.