Barbara is a business and transactional lawyer counseling clients in all facets of their business. Her practice includes M&A transactions, joint ventures, entity formation and governance, capital and debt financings, securities regulation and private placements, commercial contracts, SaaS and technology licensing, and general business counseling.
She represents a diverse client group ranging from start-ups to seasoned companies in industries such as specialty chemicals, green technology, insurance, information technology, as well as emerging growth and service companies.
A variety of business clients use Barbara as "outside in-house" counsel on either a project or a continuing basis. These relationships offer business clients an ongoing trusted advisor providing practical legal guidance.
Barbara previously practiced at Kelley, Drye & Warren and was corporate counsel at The Daseke Group, Inc., advising on corporate and commercial matters, financing facilities, and private equity transactions.
Representative matters that Barbara has handled recently include:
- Acquisition of SeaKlear, specialty chemical product line of pool treatment products
- Acquisition of Bolt Technology Corporation by Teledyne Industries for $191 million enterprise value
- Sale of specialty fashion manufacturer to PE group for more than $100 million, including European and Asian operations
- Sale of a specialty infrared analytic instruments company to synergistic buyer
- Sale of connectivity mobile device data app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Samsung, and other Android devices for more than $70 million
- Senior loan facility providing financing for client's operating needs as well as ongoing acquisition financing including asset-based credit facility, and real estate and intellectual property secured term loans
- Corporate governance and strategic advice to technology platform client for successful redemption and exit of dissident Series A preferred stockholders
- Recapitalization of privately held specialty chemical company to provide succession planning and deliver growth and investment opportunity to management
- Private offering of interests in company investing in distilled alcohol products
- Multi-year stint advising the U.S. and European operations of a specialty chemical electronic materials manufacturing division of a diversified NYSE company
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- Carleton College (B.A., cum laude)
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Connecticut Bar Association, Corporate Law Section
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business under Corporate/M&A
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© under Business Organizations (including LLCs and partnerships) (2018-2021, 2024)
- Top Lawyer in Fairfield County in Business Law by Moffly Media
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.