Barbara is a business and transactional lawyer counseling clients in all facets of their business. Her practice includes M&A transactions, joint ventures, entity formation and governance, capital and debt financings, securities regulation and private placements, commercial contracts, SaaS and technology licensing, and general business counseling.
She represents a diverse client group ranging from start-ups to seasoned companies in industries such as specialty chemicals, green technology, insurance, information technology, as well as emerging growth and service companies.
A variety of business clients use Barbara as "outside in-house" counsel on either a project or a continuing basis. These relationships offer business clients an ongoing trusted advisor providing practical legal guidance.
Barbara previously practiced at Kelley, Drye & Warren and was corporate counsel at The Daseke Group, Inc., advising on corporate and commercial matters, financing facilities, and private equity transactions.
Barbara is the Partner in Charge of Verrill's Connecticut office and is active with the Business Council of Fairfield County and the Westchester County/Southern Connecticut Association of Corporate Counsel.
Representative matters that Barbara has handled recently include:
- Acquisition of SeaKlear, specialty chemical product line of pool treatment products
- Acquisition of Bolt Technology Corporation by Teledyne Industries for $191 million enterprise value
- Sale of specialty fashion manufacturer to PE group for more than $100 million, including European and Asian operations
- Sale of a specialty infrared analytic instruments company to synergistic buyer
- Sale of connectivity mobile device data app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Samsung, and other Android devices for more than $70 million
- Senior loan facility providing financing for client's operating needs as well as ongoing acquisition financing including asset-based credit facility, and real estate and intellectual property secured term loans
- Corporate governance and strategic advice to technology platform client for successful redemption and exit of dissident Series A preferred stockholders
- Recapitalization of privately held specialty chemical company to provide succession planning and deliver growth and investment opportunity to management
- Private offering of interests in company investing in distilled alcohol products
- Multi-year stint advising the U.S. and European operations of a specialty chemical electronic materials manufacturing division of a diversified NYSE company
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- Carleton College (B.A., cum laude)
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Connecticut Bar Association, Corporate Law Section
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business under Corporate/M&A
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© under Business Organizations (including LLCs and partnerships) (2018-2020)
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.