Rob has a diverse practice that focuses on two distinct primary areas—commercial litigation and promotion law. Rob's skill sets in these disparate areas enable him to provide a holistic approach to meeting each client's needs: his litigation clients benefit from the practical, real-world advice common in advertising law, while his promotion clients benefit from an outlook that tries to avoid litigation.
From the companies he represents in contractual, employment, real estate, shareholder, and business disputes to the major national brands that look to him for his in-depth understanding and knowledge in promotions, cause-related marketing, and commercial co-ventures, all praise Rob for his outgoing personality and his pragmatic advice. His clients know they can depend on him to accomplish whatever needs to be done in a timely manner.
Rob represents promotional marketing agencies and major brands, including food and beverage, retail, entertainment, personal care, and professional and consumer products in a variety of nationwide marketing activities from traditional promotions and offers to social media, in-app and other online programs.
Rob also has unique experience representing companies engaged in cause-related marketing, including commercial co-ventures, on which he counsels clients from concept through implementation of programs in this highly-regulated area. For numerous household name brands he provides program concept counseling, contract drafting and review, advertising review and state registration.
For more than 25 years in state and federal courts nationwide, Rob has litigated cases before juries in a wide range of commercial actions including contracts, employment issues, intellectual property, commercial lending, and other corporate disputes. He has also arbitrated claims in Connecticut and New York, and before the International Chamber of Commerce.
Rob represents litigation clients in a wide range of industries, including aircraft, paper, food, energy, entertainment, construction, fashion, real estate, and investment funds. A sampling of results in some of his recent cases includes:
- Multimillion-dollar arbitration award for a foreign representative against a commercial cargo aircraft company doing business abroad
- Summary judgment for a member of a Cayman Islands investment fund for wrongful termination of the manager
- Favorable jury verdicts for:
- The lessee of two 747 aircrafts in a federal breach of lease trial
- A regional heating oil company against a former salesperson for breach of a non-solicitation agreement
- A multimillion-dollar investment trust against its manager for mismanagement
- Injunctive relief:
- on behalf of a South Dakota producer of prime beef against a distributor for wrongful termination of an exclusive distributorship agreement
- where a company that had purchased a multimillion-dollar business brought an action against the seller for breach of a non-compete agreement
- for a short-term commercial lender concerning a portfolio of secured properties
- Successful defense of a claim of trademark infringement against a Florida water purification company
- Enforcing the IP rights of a well-known bicycle manufacturer and the IP rights of a designer of high-end handbags
- Multiple actions on commercial paper and to foreclose commercial property in New York and Connecticut
- Satisfactory settlements in:
- a suit by a national paper distributor against a customer for non-payment
- a breach-of-employment-agreement case on behalf of a former president of a Broadway sound company against her former employer
- a patent infringement case on behalf of a national pool products manufacturer against a competitor
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D.)
- Columbia College (B.A.)
- State-Certified Firefighter for the Weston, Connecticut, Volunteer Fire Department (2005-present)
- New York
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Selected by peers for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers© under Business Litigation (2013-2016)
- Top Lawyer in Fairfield County in Civil Law Litigation by Moffly Media
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit