Stu is a Boston-based lawyer focusing his practice on helping regulatory and business clients with insurance-related needs, including insurance receiverships, examinations, coverage disputes, and compliance. He represents insurance regulators, insurers, and commercial clients regarding insurance coverage, reinsurance, market conduct examinations and complex business litigation.
Stu's experience includes the following:
- Represented insurance regulators in multistate and single-state targeted market conduct examinations including the negotiation and implementation of regulatory settlement agreements
- Counseled insurance regulators and commercial clients regarding administrative proceedings and subsequent judicial reviews
- Focused on the administration of insurer receiverships and liquidations as well as the insurance and reinsurance coverage matters that arise out of such proceedings
- Represented commercial clients in complex business litigation involving insurance, banking and employee benefits issues
Stu clerked for Justice Francis X. Spina of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- Boston College (B.A.)
- Economics and History
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer “Rising Star” 2016-2017, 2019-2021
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit