Verrill’s Appellate Group provides clients with sophisticated legal counsel, bringing special insight to matters that come before appellate courts and administrative appellate bodies. The group’s attorneys understand that success on appeal requires mastery of complex facts and legal arguments, as well as skill in the art of crafting a compelling appellate narrative. Verrill attorneys identify their clients’ strongest claims on appeal and present them with clarity through written and oral advocacy.
Advocating for clients across a wide range of industries and areas of law, the attorneys have a breadth and depth of appellate experience that ranges from intellectual and real property rights, taxation, and professional malpractice and licensing to probate and administrative actions and bet-the-company commercial disputes. Collectively, Verrill’s appellate attorneys have represented clients in hundreds of appeals, working closely with the firm’s Litigation & Trial Group and drawing upon extensive industry and practice experience from throughout the firm.
Verrill’s appellate attorneys appear before the following courts and administrative appellate bodies:
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the First Circuit, Second Circuit, D.C. Circuit, and Federal Circuit
- Connecticut Supreme Court and Appellate Court
- Maine Supreme Judicial Court (Law Court)
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and Appeals Court
- State agency administrative appellate boards
- Municipal boards of appeal