Ellen is a highly-regarded Boston lawyer concentrating her practice on the administration of trusts and estates and in estate planning. She has years of experience helping professional and family executors and trustees with sophisticated administration, tax and probate issues.
Ellen has extensive experience in administering estates of both Massachusetts residents and non-residents, including, in particular, representing the personal representatives in probate court proceedings and the preparation of estate, gift and income tax returns. She represents trustees in probate court proceedings for resignation and appointment of successor trustees and account allowance proceedings, including working with guardian ad litems and advising trustees on such matters as exercising discretionary distribution powers. Ellen also serves as a personal representative and trustee, upon the client's request.
Prior to joining the firm, Ellen was in private practice with the law firm of Condit & Associates, P.C., in the trusts and estates area. After graduation from law school, she was a Trust Officer at The First National Bank of Boston (now Bank of America).
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D.)
- Smith College (A.B.)
- Board Member, Newton Country Day School of the Sacred Heart, an all-girls private secondary school and her alma mater
- Former Board Member, Greater Boston Legal Services
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section, Boston Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, selected in 2015, 2017-2021, and 2023 under Trusts an Estates in Boston, Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, by Super Lawyers and Boston Magazine, recognized 2006, 2007, 2013-2014, 2016-2021
- DistinguishedSM Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, its peer rating for high professional achievement and high ethical standing
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.