Jackie's practice includes all aspects of probate litigation, estate planning, probate administration, and trust administration. Jackie has more than 28 years of experience successfully litigating a variety of civil matters in federal, state, and probate courts.
Jackie is the Chair of the Private Clients Group, Chair of the Fiduciary Services Group, and Co-Chair of the Probate Litigation Group. She is also a member of the firm's Higher Education Group and advises colleges on student affairs issues, including student disciplinary matters and compliance with applicable federal laws such as Title IX, FERPA, and the Clery Act.
As noted in the Chambers 2021 High Net Worth Guide for Private Wealth Law where Jackie received market acclaim for probate litigation, one interviewee stated, “She works really hard to understand all the facts and circumstances in complex cases with an eye towards getting to an ultimate resolution that works for everyone. She is really good at cutting through all of the rigmarole and getting to a place where everyone is happy." In the Chambers 2019 High Net Worth Guide for Private Wealth Law, another interviewee stated, "Her reputation is fantastic," and "I was really grateful that she was involved because I found her influence to be practical and instructive."
Jackie also serves as Chair of Verrill's Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- Boston College Law School (J.D.)
- Tufts University (B.A.)
- Phillips Exeter Academy
- Former Director, Falmouth Education Foundation
- Former Corporator of the Greater Portland (Maine) Boys & Girls Club
- Former Treasurer and Program Coordinator and former member of the Edward T. Gignoux Inn of Court
- Former Special Assistant to the Cumberland County District Attorney in the "Lawyer on Loan" Program
- Former Member of the Maine State Civil Service Appeals Board
- Maine State Bar Association
- Recognized in Chambers 2021, 2020, & 2019 High Net Worth Guide under Private Wealth Law
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2021, 2018, and 2016 Portland, Maine Litigation - Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© under Litigation - Trusts and Estates, Trusts and Estates
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit