Liz applies her passion for problem-solving and her strong background in legal research to assist clients in navigating the ever-changing employment law landscape.
A regular contributor to Verrill's Taking Care of HR Business blog, Liz handles a variety of employment matters including working with businesses of all sizes to ensure that their policies are in compliance with the latest legal updates and are working effectively for the organization in practice. Liz also advocates for clients facing claims before state and federal courts, the Maine Human Rights Commission, and the Maine Workers' Compensation Board.
During law school, Liz served as a Bernstein Fellow at the Maine District Court and a judicial extern to the Honorable Kermit Lipez of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. After law school, Liz clerked for the Honorable Andrew M. Mead of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court, where she gained invaluable insight into the litigation process from a judicial perspective.
Liz lives in South Portland with her husband. When she's not at the office, Liz enjoys experimenting with new recipes, running, and exploring Maine's hiking trails and beaches.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude)
- Technical Editor, Maine Law Review
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Writing Department
- Faculty Significant Achievement Award
- Pro Bono Publico Award
- University of Maine (B.A., summa cum laude)
- With Highest Honors
- Member, NLS Representative, Maine State Bar Association Board of Governors
- Chair, Maine State Bar Association New Lawyers Section (2021)
- Active Member, Junior League of Portland, ME
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch© under Labor and Employment Law – Management in Portland, Maine
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
- Maine Supreme Judicial Court
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit