Liz applies her passion for problem-solving and strong background in legal research to help businesses navigate the ever-changing employment law landscape.
Liz’s practice centers on helping employers stay up-to-date and in compliance with their legal obligations, from preparing customized employment policies and agreements to counseling clients on employee-related matters with their business ideals and objectives in mind. Liz advises organizations small and large on issues including wage and hour matters, claims of harassment and discrimination, claims of whistleblower retaliation, ADA accommodations, federal and state leave obligations, employee policies, internal investigations, and restrictive covenants. Liz also advocates for clients in litigation in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies including the Maine Human Rights Commission, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and Maine Workers' Compensation Board.
During law school, Liz served as a Bernstein Fellow at the Maine District Court and a judicial extern to the Honorable Kermit Lipez of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. After law school, Liz clerked for the Honorable Andrew M. Mead of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court, where she gained invaluable insight into the litigation process from a judicial perspective.
Liz lives in South Portland with her family. When she's not at the office, Liz enjoys indoor cycling, experimenting with new recipes, and exploring Maine's hiking trails and beaches.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude)
- Technical Editor, Maine Law Review
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Writing Department
- Faculty Significant Achievement Award
- Pro Bono Publico Award
- University of Maine (B.A., summa cum laude)
- With Highest Honors
- Member, NLS Representative, Maine State Bar Association Board of Governors
- Chair, Maine State Bar Association New Lawyers Section (2021)
- Active Member, Junior League of Portland, ME
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch© under Labor and Employment Law – Management in Portland, Maine
To learn more about third-party ratings and rankings, and the selection processes used for inclusion, click here.
- Maine Supreme Judicial Court
Court and Other Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit